Demand Driven Technologies is looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to join our fast-growing Client Success organization.
About Demand Driven Technologies
Demand Driven Technologies maintains a software platform supporting businesses with proprietary supply chain management products and services. Demand Driven Technologies was formed with the singular focus of enabling manufacturing and distribution clients to achieve breakthrough performance through the application of Demand Driven tactics and technologies. We are deeply committed to the principle that each and every client will achieve tangible and sustainable gains through the implementation of our solutions.
Demand Driven Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our engineering team and participate in the design and deployment of our SaaS/PaaS offerings. Candidates should live in or around Seattle, WA or Atlanta, GA areas.
- Being an open advocate for operations and the DevOps model
- Developing and maintaining large Python 3 codebases suitable for production workloads and collaborative development by distributed teams
- Designing and maintaining distributed systems and deploying them into a cloud computing environment, preferably Azure (Kubernetes experience a huge plus)
- Assist in creating functional and operational automation and orchestration system requirements and specifications
- Partner other team members in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable automation frameworks and solutions
- Assist in performing high level framework and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations.
- Assist in Identifying potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed – specifically to meet future business demands
- Execute proofs of concept using cutting edge technology with the intention of production-ising
Desired Skills and Experience
- We have a positive attitude and a desire to help others
- We demonstrate a strong technical background
- Ability to remain calm under times of stress
- Ability to think creatively to tackle problems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A test & learn mentality and willingness to try, fail, try again
- Willingness to make strategic bets and understand the risk/reward associated
- Entry level in Azure services beyond basic IaaS functionality
- Basic knowledge of Git, or other distributed version control systems
- Basic experience with PowerShell
- Some experience with Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure and AWS
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional time management skills.