“Our Demand Driven MRP processes have significantly improved flow management. The Intuiflow solution is easy to use.”
SATUERCA devotes itself to the manufacture and distribution of parts designed to provide solutions for automotive sector customers.
They have been named the best supplier for Renault in quality forging five times in the last decade and best supplier for NTN-SNR, a leader in precision engineering products.
Despite these honors, Satuerca struggled with inventory planning. Their Stamping and Machine units planned independently with a high level of nervousness, expediting, and raw material inventory. In addition, Satuerca struggled with:
- Inaccurate and volatile demand signals
- Constant schedule changes
- High-level of stock in semi-finished products
- Maintaining optimal service level
Implementing Intuiflow from Demand Driven Technologies, Satuerca was able to decouple strategic areas in their Bill of Materials using DDMRP Buffer positioning logic designed to synchronize purchasing, stamping and machining. This logic enabled Satuerca to perform demand filtering and ignore non-reliable demand signals. Additionally, the Intuiflow solution provided benefits including:
- Production and purchasing schedules were completed using signals based on the decoupling buffer model
- Demand and manufacturing became synchronized
- Expediting was kept to a minimum and unnecessary inventory decreased using machine time for the right SKU
- Record level inventory
- Increase production capacity by 20%
- Reduced global inventory by 30%